Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech ISI4604-PCIE

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:10:12 you wrote:
> Michael Hallager wrote:
> > I'm considering a Multitech ISI4604-PCIE 4-port PCI-E smart serial
> > controller card for use with their external modems and Hylafax.
> >
> > Has anyone had any experience with these?
>
> Inasmuch as the Multitech ISI4604 multiport serial controller may be
> similar to the ISI5634 multiport modem ... I used them back with kernel
> 2.4 versions, and I had no complaints.  For a long time they didn't have
> a 2.6 kernel driver for it.  However, when I last made the attempt
> Multitech had a driver that apparently supported early 2.6 kernel
> versions... but not the 2.6 kernel versions that were current at the
> time.  Hopefully the situation has improved.

From what Multitech has advised me it would appear they are the same.

However they also advised me that the product is no longer available so that
seems to leave Moxa as the most likely product. I had a look at Digi's
website but their stuff is really expensive.

I have a C/CON 16 here with an ISA card. According to Digi there is a PCI card
available for this though the price is high. If someone on this list has a
PCI card to suit they want to sell - please get in touch.
http://www.digi.com/products/model.jsp?lid=EN&pgid=72&pfid=78&mtid=323&amtid=323&pm=Y