Re: [hylafax-users] Multi serial solutions

Lee Howard wrote:
Michael Hallager wrote:
Ok, it would appear to be a traditional PCI. I'm looking at PCI-Express, does anyone use this?

The Mainpine IQ Express is PCI-Express.

I guess that I never understood all the effort to go with external modems here. (?)

Thanks,

Lee.
I think that is easy to explain. An external modem just has to be a real modem. So its a safe purchase, right? I mean, like, all those external USB modems are real modems, right?

And we all know echo cancellation on a telephony card is inherently better than echo cancellation on the host processor.

And we all know signaling protocols on a telephony card are better than the same protocols running on the host processor.

And, well, like, Intel really sucks, because host processors can't do anything well.

This all must be true. Some guy on the Internet said so. :-)

Steve