Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine IQ Express - Waiting for modem to come free

Thank you so much for that! I have it all up and working 100% now. Thank you for all of you help!

Jason

From: David Mimms [mailto:david.mimms@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 11:59 AM
To: Jason Lewis
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine IQ Express - Waiting for modem to come free

On Mar 3, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Jason Lewis wrote:

Are there custom commands I need to pass hylafax so it can talk to the IQ Express? I tried setting it to 1.0 and only setting up ttyS4. which results in "Can not initialize modem" in /var/log/messages

I have been working through some issuses with the Mainpine IQ Express (8 port) and CentOS 5.1 with the help of people in this mailing list. The modem shows up perfectly fine in CentOS starting on ttyS4 through ttyS11. I install hylafax and go through the set up. Running /usr/sbin/faxaddmodem, I add each of the ports. When done, I added the folling to my /etc/inittab:

I cant seem to get the modem working with hylafax. I'm unsure at this point what to do to get it all working. I have tryed changing class of fax modem on each ttySx from 2.1 to 2.0 to 1.0. not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Jason

Hi Jason,

You'll need to use the attached prototype configuration file for Mainpine RockForce and IQ series boards in order for your board to work properly with HylaFAX.

Here's what you should do:

1) Disable the faxgetty's in /etc/inittab and run "init q"

2) Copy the file to /var/spool/hylafax/config/mainpine-10

3) Run "faxaddmodem ttyS4"

4) Use Class 1.0
You should see that your modem is properly recognized now

5) When you're done configuring your modems, re-enable the faxgetty's like normal

Dave

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions