Re: [hylafax-users] Ghostscript vulnerability

Lee Howard wrote:

The vulnerability for HylaFAX deployments is mitigated by the amount of trust in the allowed fax senders. If your sender pool is quite restricted and well-trusted then your exposure is quite limited. If your sender pool is quite open and untrusted (i.e. TPC cells) then you may be at greater risk.

Howard, If I am not mistaken, some are completely protected: Receive-Only installs cannot be overrun.
Actually, since it is a buffer overflow in ghostscript for incoming .ps files, *any* install / setup, in which users cannot deliver PostScript files to hylafax are save. (Most can, though, I guess.)

Uwe