Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine IQ Express and CentOS 5.1 installation problems.

On Feb 28, 2008, at 10:04 PM, Jason Lewis wrote:

Thank you, that was my build error problem. It did build correctly and I
installed the kernel. The device when running setserial /dev/ttyS1 that
it's on the correct IRQ of the device now. The same goes for ttyS2 and
ttyS3. There still is no ttyS4 and above to accomidate for the other
modem ports. I again tried mknod, creating ttyS4 and up, but get the
same result when trying to setserial to those with setserial /dev/ ttyS4
port 0xcc98 irq 201 autoconfig ^fourport string. I made sure I was
addressing the correct irq and which port I was trying to set, since
there are 3 ports bonded now. Is my setserial command correct? Or maybe
that works on the older MainPine boards and not this one? I'm getting
closer to make it all work, just not quite there. Thank for the help!

Jason

You're almost there!

In your grub.conf, you need to add the following to the end of your kernel line and reboot:

8250.nr_uarts=16

Dave