[hylafax-users] Unable to open scheduler FIFO: No such device or address.

I have a Hylafax installation in a send only environment that usually sends approximately 5,000 faxes per week. Submitted a job results in the following error: 460 Failed to submit job 163363: Unable to open scheduler FIFO: No such device or address. I'm not sure the version number of Hylafax but it was new in the summer of 06 (sorry about that!)

I have the following FIFO in /var/spool/hylafax

prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:49 FIFO
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:48 FIFO.ttyps00
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:42 FIFO.ttyps01
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:32 FIFO.ttyps02
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:30 FIFO.ttyps03
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:38 FIFO.ttyps04
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:36 FIFO.ttyps05
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:35 FIFO.ttyps06
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Feb 28 00:41 FIFO.ttyps07
prw-------  1 uucp uucp      0 Jun  7  2007 FIFO.ttyps15

We have a digiport server that is in front of 7 Fax Modems, so those devices in /var/spool are "virtual". I really have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue and would love some help. The same thing happened yesterday and I had to restart the port server, each modem, and hylafax (twice) to get faxes going again. The only difference was that yesterday sendfax would hang forever, and now it returns the error.

Thank you in advance for any help! We are running on RedHat Enterprise 4.

Erik