[hylafax-users] cover postscript error: "/undefined in comments"

I've tried to preview the hylafax template cover page, but consistently get
an error (with 4 different postscript previewers). It appears that the line:

comments rule stringwidth pop { x y M S /y y 29 sub def } BreakIntoLines

causes each viewer to break (including Ghostscript).  Can someone tell me
what is going on here?  Why would Hylafax ship with a defective cover page?
I know it's just a skeleton file, but with the line removed it previews
beautifully.

Am I missing something?  (I've checked the archives, and similar posts go
back 8 years, without a clear answer).

Michelle