Re: [hylafax-users] Overriding FaxContact per modem?

* Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx> [080220 08:46]:
> Hello again, list :)
>
> Is there a way to set FaxContact on a per-modem basis? I see the
> option in hfaxd.conf (hylafax 4.4.4) and it is set to FaxMaster (which
> is normally fine) - but one customer who has their own modem would
> like confirmation messages to also go to an address of their choice
> (differing from the original sender). I have tried putting FaxContact:
> in the config file for their modem, but that command isnt valid there.
>
> Any ideas? I thought about hacking up bin/notify or something, but
> wasn't sure if i should go down that path before putting the question
> out there for you guys.

By "FaxContact", I think you mean the "$FROMADDR" used by faxrcvd and
notify?

You can change $FROMADDR in $SPOOL/etc/FaxDispatch (used by faxrcvd on
inbound faxes) and/or $SPOOL/etc/FaxNotify (used by notify on outbound
jobs).

If you want even more control, you can easily make a custom set of templates,
and set $TEMPLATE as desired as well.

> Also in an unrelated question, my version of hylafax is returning
> amusing error code return results like "2" or "4" or "395" on an
> outbound fax failing - is there a way to get english status messages
> somehow?

I thought that was fixed in August 2007 (HylaFAX 4.4.1).  Can you show
me the output of:
	grep -A 1 status $SPOOL/bin/common-functions*

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103