Re: [hylafax-users] Problems faxing a landscape PDF; Used pdftk to rotate the document

The reason for all of the blank space at the top is because the -dPDFFitPage tells Ghostscript to take the image, which is apparently thinks is landscape still, and to fit it onto a portrait letter or A4-sized page. So inevitably there's going to be a lot of whitespace at the top. As long as you're okay with the "shrinking" that will occur there, then you should be fine if the whitespace is also tolerable.

The problem with the "rotated" PDF going from portrait back to landscape orientation is in Ghostscript somewhere. If you can supply me with a non-confidential copy of the "rotated.pdf" (portrait orientation) then I can file that onto bugs.ghostscript.com with some technical information that they'll need to reproduce the problem... and then hopefully they'll get it fixed in a future release. (These days they tend to be rather quick.)

Thanks,

Lee.

Shashidhar Rampally wrote:
I have gs version 8.15.2

I have created a FaxModify file and put FIXEDWIDTH=-dPDFFitPage in it.
Now when I fax it, it doesn't cut anything off but puts everything at
the bottom of the page leaving top half of the page blank. Works for
us for now until there is an alternative solution.

Thanks for your advice. You are doing a great service.

Regards,
Shashi