Re: [hylafax-users] More Hylafax+ questions

Michael Hallager wrote:
1. Hylafax+ doesn't know the difference between a disconnected and a busy signal. It reports both as busy.

If the modem reports "BUSY" then HylaFAX(+) says it was busy. If the modem reports "NO CARRIER" then HylaFAX(+) says that. I've never seen a modem report "NUMBER DISCONNECTED"... and I'm fairly sure that an analog modem would have no means to discern that from the other two reports that I mentioned here. A T1 PRI modem, on the other hand, *may* get that kind of information available to it... although I'm not sure.

2. Hylafax+ is making upto 12 attempts to send which I view as excessive. Where can this be set (along with the times between attempts)?

The number of attempts is typically a client-oriented feature... so you would set the "maxtries" and "maxdials" in your client. However, the administrator does have some control over retries by using the JobRetry* modem config features. Furthermore, the administrator can put a "MaxTries" and "MaxDials" configuration in the faxq config file (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config), which features are also available via JobControl.

Thanks,