Re: [hylafax-users] faxrcvd in release 5.2.2A

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
I run 'smail' as the MTA on all the machines I am responsible for.

When CCTO and BCCTO are empty strings, smail barfs when the 5.2.2
version of faxrcvd pipes to the following at line 208:

$SENDMAIL -f$FROMADDR -oi "$MAILTO" "$CCTO" "$BCCTO"

The two trailing empty strings provoke this error in smail's logs:

invalid user supplied command line parameters: unknown addressing form

I can cure it by changing the quoting a bit:

$SENDMAIL -f$FROMADDR -oi "$MAILTO $CCTO $BCCTO"

I suspect that would still work for other sendmail binaries that do not
choke on the empty strings as mine does.

Doesn't that end up making $CCTO and $BCCTO end up in the "To:" header and not the "Cc:" and "Bcc:" headers?

With smail how do you supply the "Cc:" and "Bcc:" entries from the command line?

Or... do we need to begin using the sendmail -t option? From 'man sendmail'...

-t Read message for recipients. To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines will be scanned for recipient addresses. The Bcc: line will be deleted before transmission.

Does the smail sendmail man page read the same for "-t" ? The postfix version reads like this:

-t Extract recipients from message headers. These are added to any recipients specified on the command line.

With Postfix versions prior to 2.1, this option requires that no recipient addresses are specified on the command line.

So with postfix it's not clear that the Bcc: header would get deleted. I'd have to test that.

Thanks,