Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and bulkfax with sambaprinter

Hi to all.

El Martes, 12 de Febrero de 2008, Chris Weiss escribió:
> On Feb 12, 2008 4:08 AM, Christian <christian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a problem with bulk faxing over Word2003.
> >
> > We want to send bulk fax over Word2003 using the circular letter function
> > and printing over a sambaprinter to hylafax (sambafax script from the
> > hylafax help).

Attached is a custom replacement for the sambafax cups backend (based in the
original sambafax)

it uses pdftk to process the document, so you must have this installed

This backend splits the document in individual pages, then scan each page
looking for 2 kind of tags to detect the beginning and end of each fax. then
recompose the final documents and send all the documents to each destination.

the tags can be set anywhere in the page.

one page can not contain more than one fax (ie you can not set two beginning
and two end tags in one page), the script will only take in account the first
one of each type

you can set the beginning tag in one page and the end tag several pages later,
and the script will make this fax several pages long.

the tags are:

for the beginning

BeginHylaFax : faxnumber (ie BeginHylaFax : 765438734)

for the end

EndHylaFax

look itno the script and replace the notification addresses with your user and
domain

Hope this helps

it will be great if someone put this script in the hylafax page :-)

--
Un saludo.

Carlos Lorenzo Matés.
clmates AT mundo-r DOT com