Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with Incoming and Outcoming Faxes

Andrea Cavenago wrote:
Thank you Andrew,
I checked out and my Conceptronic modems use a Conexant chipset.

Well, depending on the chipset you may have some luck.... which Conexant chipset and firmware version are the Conceptronic modems using ?

I did test this Hylafax machine with just one modem connected to the serial port (no MOXA installed) and did not work, I got the same error.

OK, that's a good start.... during your testing I'd stay with the serial port and a single modem. The more variables you can remove the better are your chances of successfully debugging this installation.

I agree with that paper and with you, and I too prefer to use an analog line for faxing, but I would also like to know why a normal fax machine works great on VoIP (using an ATA) while my Hylafax machine does not! :)
Anyway, unfortunately we do not have an analog line to use and to make test with, so I must find a solution using VoIP, ATA and a good configuration for my Hylafax machine.

If you test with a wide range of fax machines makes/models, document types, and destinations you will also uncover problems with plain old fax machines on VoIP.... I'm sorry, but it's a fact of life.

I strongly suggest that you get this working on a POTS analog line.... then at least you know that the issues you experience are down to the VoIP not the rest of your hardware, software, or firmware.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com