Re: [hylafax-users] Troubles with external USRobotics

> Michael Hallager wrote:
> > Multitech is a good option to look at as well as the Mainpine, either
> > with it's pro's / con's.
>
> What are the Mainpine con's ?
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Rinaldi
> Mainpine Developer Support
> USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
> andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

I know where this is heading.

Mainpine vs. Multitech
Cons- high price.
Pros- can be reset using Hylafax 'wedge' process, higher density of lines
possible without requirement for serial interface due to internal design.

Multitech vs. Mainpine
Cons- requires serial support (uncommon on new motherboards) to use with
Linux.
Pros- lower price for v.34 capability

Biggest red hearing in the M vs. M debate- So far I have found nothing to
substantiate any of the claims made on this list against Multi Tech in regard
to either it's stability or customer support.

My two biggest 'wish list' items for Hylafax-

1. Color send support
2. Send polling

Michael

Disclaimer- Opinions expressed herein are just that 'opinions'. I have no
relationship or interest with Multi Tech or Mainpine beyond using the gear.