Re: [hylafax-users] patton 2977 configuration

ACL wrote:
Pls kindly advise.

Below is the log:
modem setting:
ModemRingResponse: at#cid=10
ModemResetCmds: at#cid=10
ringsbeforeanswer: 2

I did advise already, and you don't seem to be following it. Here's what I wrote:

Yes, this is very familiar to me. It's been a while since I have stopped using Patton 2977s... and I don't have their config files around any more. I seem to recall there being an AT command to "repeat" the Caller*ID information. Maybe it was AT+VRID. (?) You would put that command into ModemRingResponse and configure ModemRingsBeforeResponse to something like 2. Also, you'd want to use CallIDAnswerLength for that CallIDPattern so that answering is triggered by the Caller*ID information. RingsBeforeAnswer should be set to 0 or to something ridiculously high (like 9).

It does seem to be AT#CID=10 and not AT+VRID. But basically...

RingsBeforeAnswer: 7
ModemRingResponse: AT#CID=10
ModemResetCmds: ""
CallIDPattern: "NDID="
CallIDAnswerLength: 8
CallIDPattern: "NMBR="

Here RingsBeforeAnswer is only set to a non-zero number so that it serves as a fall-back if the DID fails to come through. If you want it to not answer if the DID does not come through then you set RingsBeforeAnswer to 0.