Re: [hylafax-users] Confused i thought i had HylaFax but i have HylaFax+

Tiago Teixeira wrote:

I found today that there’s HylaFax and HylaFax+ in our server is running hylafax+. Does hylafax works the sameway?

Yes.

What do you advice me to do?

Smile, be happy, and be grateful that you don't have any problems.

Hylafax seems to have a lot of more support and information in the website than hylafax+

Perhaps. Part of the aim on the HylaFAX+ website was to condense the vast amount of information that there is into something manageable (both for the maintainer as also for the user). Sometimes more information only confuses. So the HylaFAX+ website leans heavily on the man pages and then on the HOWTO which is to serve as a more step-by-step installation and setup guide... filling in all of the questions that come up.

inspite of you obviously will recommend HylaFax instead of HylaFax+

Actually, I recommend HylaFAX+. Others here obviously will disagree with me on it for various, often trivial reasons, but there is a reason why IAXmodem and HylaFAX+ have always worked well together.

I would like to have an expert opinion if I should change the currently HylaFax+ 5.1.5 for the hylafax 4.4.4.?

Stick with HylaFAX+ and follow the HylaFAX+ upgrades at your leisure.

I also have already 3 IAXmodems configured and working, if o do the change I won’t have any problems with iax modems?

IAXmodem should work with both the hylafax.org and the HylaFAX+ code. That said, I *only* test on HylaFAX+.

As to your confusion that you mention in the subject, I do regret it. I try ever so carefully to make the HylaFAX+ vs. hylafax.org distinction clear on the HylaFAX+ website.

Thanks,