Re: [hylafax-users] Confused i thought i had HylaFax but i have HylaFax+

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Tiago Teixeira wrote:

Hi all,

I'm not an expert in HylaFax, and I'm starting to give my first steps on it.

I found today that there's HylaFax and HylaFax+  in our server is running
hylafax+. Does hylafax works the sameway? The clients that connects to the
fax server are the same.

What do you advice me to do? Hylafax seems to have a lot of more support and
information in the website than hylafax+ inspite of you obviously will
recommend HylaFax instead of HylaFax+ I would like to have an expert opinion
if I should change the currently HylaFax+ 5.1.5 for  the hylafax 4.4.4.? I
also have already 3 IAXmodems configured and working, if o do the change I
won't have any problems with iax modems?

Thanks in adavance,

Teixeira

I use Hylafax+ and have used both before. + works for me.

see http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/hylafax-differences.php
for a detailed difference analysis.

David Forrest e-mail drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maple Park Development Corporation http://www.maplepark.com St. Louis, Missouri