From: Andrew Rinaldi [mailto:andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: Lucas Burdick [mailto:lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx], hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:55:59 -0800
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax not answering

Lucas Burdick wrote:
> Yes I get RING and yes I can answer it.

Great... the OCM homologation code had some problems and some country
settings had ring detection issues.

> Why is the OCM a bad choice?

The OCM has a number of fax related firmware bugs that you will run into
at some point. Agere didn't put much effort into fixing them because
they moved onto the CFAX chipset.

Once you get HylaFAX running you might want to reconsider your modem
choice if this is an important deployment.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions