Re: [hylafax-users] No response to PPS repeated 3 times.:

Lee Howard wrote:
Daren Russell wrote:
You're not alone with this. I was about to compose a mail saying exactly the same after upgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.4.4 on FreeBSD.

We got the error from receivers who previously did not have a problem with - and in spite of the error, they receive the fax OK, but then Hylafax has another go at sending it!

We're using a Diamond SupraExpress, so it's not specific to USR, and we tried both Class 1 and 1.0.

I ended up downgrading again back to 4.3.4, and the problem went away.

This is very interesting. In order to accurately resolve the problem I need you to first "upgrade" to HylaFAX+ 5.2.1 (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net) and then I need you to follow the same diagnostic steps that I outline here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.fax.hylafax.user/26090

Yes, in this case the sender was getting a DCN signal instead of no response, but the diagnostic tests need to be the same. Please *carefully* go through that procedure step by step and let me know the results at each phase.

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately testing on these receivers will prove to be an issue as they are suppliers to the company I am doing this for and unresponsive to us asking them to help with these tests.

I will, however install Hylafax+ when I get some time and see if the error reoccurs with this version. I'll try to get some tests in on the sly as well ;-)

Regards
Daren