Re: [hylafax-users] shell script for automating hylafax installation

Giedrius Augys wrote:
I want to create shell batch script, witch automatic would install system necessary programs, but now I have question how to automate hylafax installation, cause when make "./configure" needs to press enter (thats easy to do), but I have problem with HylaFAX configuration parameters , I need to make some changes. So maybe can give some advices how to create non-interactive script for hylafax installation ?

I have a customer that does this to install HylaFAX+ in a semi-automated way:

#!/bin/sh

TARBALL="$1"

tar xzvf "$TARBALL"  > /dev/null && \
   cd `basename "$TARBALL" .tar.gz` && \
   ./configure --with-INTERACTIVE=no > /dev/null && \
   make > /dev/null && \
   make install > /dev/null && \
   faxsetup -quiet -nointeractive -with-AREACODE=123 -with-PATH_EGETTY=/bin/false -with-PATH_VGETTY=/bin/false > /dev/null

exit $?

I believe that the "--with-INTERACTIVE=no" is a feature specific to HylaFAX+.

Thanks,