Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

Joshua Kinard wrote:
A 2-port wouldn't a whole lot for us unfortunately, as I'm looking to have this system potentially replace our 9 or so operational fax machines as well as the faxpress. We have a sales team that does a lot of broadcast faxing, and 2 ports is barely enough to get all their queued faxes out within a reasonable time frame (~600-1000 faxes per rep) during our sales period. This is why I've been aiming more at the 8 port devices/cards -- 4 in and 4 out should allow enough movement so that things don't back up too hideously in the queues.

Fair comment, and I appreciate that this may not meet your needs.... but just so that we are all on the same page, in the lab a 2-Port IQ Express board can send/receive something between 8,500 and 5,500 1 page fax's in a 24 hour period.

The higher figure assumes V.34, JBIG, and ITU-T test document #1, and the lower figure assumes V.17, no JBIG, and ITU-T test document #1.

Obviously, your results in the 'real' world will differ from what we see in the lab.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com