From: Andrew Rinaldi [mailto:andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:23 PM
To: Joshua Kinard
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax
running?

Joshua Kinard wrote:
> I wish I had a reasonable budget to work with for this, but it's mostly a project I'm cooking up outside of what's been approved for this year.  We're looking at either shelling our $695 to Castelle to upgrade our 2-line Faxpress unit to their latest software model, or seeing whether I can devise something for the same price or less.  So I figured I'd start on the cheap-side of things and move upwards on the price range as I begin to assemble in my head the kinds of components needed, but try to stay under that $695 figure.

For the record, our 2-Port IQ Express board retails for $599 (even
cheaper on the web).  So, it looks as if replacing your 2-Port Faxpress
with a Mainpine/HylaFAX solution is within your budget.  The other big
advantage of this solution is that it's extremely simple to deploy and
support (probably as close to a 'plug and play' fax server as you will get).

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com