Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

Joshua Kinard wrote:
Our phone system at present is a Rolm CBX 9751 Model 10, with the input lines being Dual PRI's. We have an Adtran Atlas 550 that converts the PRI to standard T1 signaling. We also have an Adtran Total Access 616 channel bank (FXS ports only) taking care of some analog lines -- it's fed by a plain T1.

You should, then be able to run a T1 out of your Rolm phone system and make the Rolm phone system route calls coming in on fax DIDs out that other T1 truck, right? If so you could put a Diguim/Sangoma/OpenVOX/Zapmicro/etc. card into the system and drive it with Asterisk+IAXmodem for the modems... the Rolm phone system and the HylaFAX system being inter-connected via a T1 circuit.

The other option would be to use your channel bank there and plug analog modems (like Mainpine cards) into those FXS ports, but you seem to be pursuing something "pretty cheap"... and I'm not sure there is such a thing... unless you're able to pick up on, say, a used Comtrol Rocketmodem II PCI from eBay or something.

Thanks,