Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

Joshua Kinard wrote:
So I guess, I was wondering if anyone here had suggestions on a good, but cheap, ~8 port modem card would be, or maybe even ISDN/T1 cards, and whether hylafax can communicate with any of them. It seems Brooktrout's are the tricky ones currently, so I guess those are out (have to see with the MPM-8, though).

Hi Josh,

I would strongly suggest that you think very seriously about your desire to deploy cheap fax hardware. Many, many, people who make this mistake spend forever nursing their systems, and I've lost count of the number of times we have 'rescued' failed fax server deployments.

In the fax hardware business you really do get what you pay for.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com