[hylafax-users] Asterisk/IAXmodem/HylaFax configuration error on FXO channels?

Hello! We've been successfully using the Asterisk/IAXmodem/Hylafax recipe for a while now and it works great. I'm setting up another box for fax functions but I'm running into a small problem.

Asterisk is installed, the IAXmodem instances are registering with Asterisk, Hylafax and faxgetty are running, and the contexts have been set up in Asterisk for my Zap channels. There is a T1 card and an analog card with 2FXO/2FXS modules. Since this box is currently in testing, the T1 card is not in use. The FXS channels have fax machines plugged into them and perform perfectly. The FXO channels have analog lines plugged in but are behaving oddly.

When calling the analog lines, my call is directed to the Asterisk demo application and not my custom fax context. If I configure the FXS ports to use the same contexts I've created for the FXO ports, the faxes are received properly proving that my context is setup correctly. However, on an inbound call from the PSTN on these FXO ports, I am not being placed into the context I've specified. I am seeing these errors in asterisk:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/35-1'
Jan 22 18:57:22 NOTICE[9353]: chan_zap.c:6248 ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...
Jan 22 18:57:24 NOTICE[9353]: chan_zap.c:6248 ss_thread: Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...
  == Starting Zap/35-1 at from-fax-iax27,s,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'
  == Starting Zap/35-1 at from-fax-iax27,s,1 still failed so falling back to context 'default'
    -- Executing Wait("Zap/35-1", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/35-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("Zap/35-1", "TIMEOUT(digit)=5") in new stack
    -- Digit timeout set to 5
    -- Executing Set("Zap/35-1", "TIMEOUT(response)=10") in new stack
    -- Response timeout set to 10
    -- Executing BackGround("Zap/35-1", "demo-congrats") in new stack
    -- Playing 'demo-congrats' (language 'en')

Apparently the channel at Zap/35-1 is unable to connect to my context 'from-fax-iax27'? It makes absolutely no sense to me. As stated previously, calls being made by a fax machine on an FXS port which is configured to use the exact same context are working perfectly. In terms of context configuration, what is the difference between an FXS port and FXO port in this situation? Here is a  context for one of my FXO channels:

[from-fax-iax27]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxdevfxo1/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Answer
exten => _X.,3,Busy
exten => _X.,4,Hangup

And here is a context for one of my FXS channels:

[from-fax-iax25]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxdevfxs1/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Answer
exten => _X.,3,Busy
exten => _X.,4,Hangup

I'm at a complete loss. Is something glaringly wrong with my configuration? Please help!!!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332