Re: [hylafax-users] patton 2977 configuration

ACL wrote:
> I have installed patton driver (padm_1_20_1) from their website. Linux
> is redhat 9

The Patton 2977 works best in Class 2.0 (with ECM *disabled*) when using
the default firmware that comes in the drivers. It's not as bad as it is
in Class 1, but it still is quite bad (not having ECM is a big drawback,
in my opinion).

However, I've been relatively happy when using some fax-specific
firmware that I've gotten from Patton directly. The ATI responses will
look like this:

ATI0: Digi RAS modem 56000
ATI3: V20040915-K56_DS
ATI4: PATTON56K_RAS
ATI9: (1.00DBI0061\00000000\MODEM\\AccelePort RAS 4__)

Then it runs quite well in Class 1. You may want to contact Patton and
request this specific revision of the hlcf.bin firmware file.

Thanks,