Re: [hylafax-users] Help debugging modem session log

George H wrote:
Thanks for your input it helped me a lot.

I've replaced all our USR modems with Multitech 5600ZDX and a lot of
errors that resulted with :AT+FTH=3 returning nothing (ie.)

 <-- [9:AT+FTH=3\r]
 --> [0:]

Have decreased a lot. But I still get this error with the multitechs
but not as often as with the USR modems. I might see this kind of
error at most once a day. There are days where I don't see it at all.
Is this something related to improper or odd signaling from the sender
that just can't be helped on my side ? or would it be something else ?

The small snippit that you give of the log is really not enough to say with any accuracy what it means in the context of a fax session.

The snippit literally means that HylaFAX told the modem to listen for V.21 HDLC and that after some period of time the modem still had not detected the V.21 HDLC carrier... and thus HylaFAX proceeds to abort that command and perform recovery measures after it. Again, what that means in the context of a fax session is unknown because you've only provided two lines of log.

Thanks,