Re: [hylafax-users] Zoom USB data/fax V.92 USB Mini External Modem

Andrew Rinaldi wrote:
Terry wrote:
Model 3095F V.92 USB Mini External
Miniature 56K modem works with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers

I believe this is a hardware modem based on the Conexant CX930xx chipset. This may work but I suspect you will have to buy it and try.... I'd strongly suggest that you purchase a product based on the Agere Venus chipset instead... this is much more likely to work reliably and will give you V.34 fax.
Do you know of any fax modems based on that chipset??

I do NOT have a serial port so that limits my options - either internal PCI card modem or USB modem. Seems that all of the new computers that would work for me with the feature sets I needed/wanted have pretty much abandoned serial ports - I guess they figure if you can afford the computer, you are using broadband and don't need a serial port. They are right about the broadband, but I don't know of any way to send receive faxes over DSL.

Thanks,
Terry

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com