Re: [hylafax-users] broken hlya.conf: hylafax-5.2.1-1

r u mixing up hylafax and hylafax+. they are slightly different u know ....

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Something has changed between 4.3 and 5.2!

razidan wrote:
Robert, i misunderstood your post. i mistook hyla.conf for hfaxd.conf. very sorry.
No...
my hyla.conf ( from hylafax+ 5.2.1 - source not rpm ) is at /usr/local/lib/fax/hyla.conf and it contains those same font lines that u mentioned. everything is working on my setup except that i cant get some pdf files.... other than that everything is ok....
Well then something has changed from 4.3 (where all my setup instructions are from).

The /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf there has in it (most comments cut):

# hyla.conf
#
# This is the system-wide config file used by HylaFAX client programs:
# sendfax, faxstat, faxalter, faxmail, faxrm, sendpage, faxwatch,
# textfmt.
# The per-user config file is ~/.hylarc, which has the same syntax of
# hyla.conf.
#

# Vertical resolution for outgoing faxes.
VRes: 196

#KillTime: "now +24 hours" # Give jobs 24h before expiring them
#Notify: Done # Notify even for succesfully sent jobs
#JobFmt: "%-4j %-19Y %1a %6.6o %-14.14e %5P %5D %.25s" # faxstat -sdl output
#Host: faxserver.mydomain.dom
#PageSize: letter
#PageChop: none # Avoid page chopping
#DateFormat: "%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S" # 'European style' (day, month, year)

So where are these controlled now in 5.2?

on the client side , the nearest file that matches the above is at /usr/share/fax/hyla.conf

remember that i m running hylafax+ 5.2.1 on the server side but hylafax-client 4.3.0 on my clients. the latter comes with the distro....

its only on the server that i installed hylafax+.