Re: [hylafax-users] Modem gets wedged after receiving a fax

Michael wrote:
>If you want 33k6 fax I suggest the Multitech business modem models though I
haven't tested one yet, they should be all right.

Multitech make modems based on both the Conexant (Rockwell) and Agere
(Lucent) chipsets..... only the Agere Venus Chipsets supports V.34
(33,600bps) fax.

>Otherwise second hand arcahic looking 33k6 and 56k 'grey box' GVC's work
really well too and can be bought very cheaply.

If this is an important installation then invest in a modem that is designed
for fax.... some modem bugs simply cannot be fixed by the fax
application.... I think we've seen a number of examples of this today in the
HylaFAX news group.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com