Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.4.3 faxmail problem

Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez wrote:
I have been reading for a large while the post related to the faxmail problem since May 2007.

Which coincides, roughly, with the 4.4.0 release where faxmail changed from being a mail-to-postscript converter (with client capability) to being something much more like a mail-to-sendfax procedure.

But I have a question, does it still not working the faxmail?

I don't know to what you're referring here by "it"... but the design change has not been entirely reversed in later 4.4.x releases, no... although some back stepping has occurred, I believe.

The faxmail behavior in HylaFAX+ 5.2.0 is much, much closer to tradition, and I don't know of anyone who uses HylaFAX+ and refers to its faxmail as "not working".

I have been testing that version and does not recognize the internal TAGs, such as To, From.etc. It displays them, but the error of no_estination /Dialstring specified still occurs.

If these things don't work in 4.4.x releases, I cannot say. However, I fully expect those to work in HylaFAX+ 5.2.0.

Another question, are the same softwares, Hylafax and Hylafax+?

Some people have chosen to disagree strongly with me on this, but as far as I'm concerned HylaFAX is HylaFAX whether it be from hylafax.org or sourceforge.net. The two versions are not dissimilar enough to say that they are not both simply versions of the same thing. These two versions at least as much the same thing as were HylaFAX versions from sgi.com as compared to hylafax.org.

However, yes, there are some differences between these versions. All of that I try to outline on the website: http://hylafax.sourceforge.net

I saw that Hylafax+ is copywrited from Silicon "something else"

Where did you see that? HylaFAX(+) is copyrighted by its authors and contributors. The largest-single one of those being Sam Leffler who was then working for Silicon Graphics (SGI), and thus their names appear on the copyright for the vast majority of all of the source code. However, there are many other copyright holders... even unnamed ones. Nothing about this has changed in HylaFAX+.

Thanks,