Re: [hylafax-users] Email Templates

* James Smith <James.Smith@xxxxxxxxx> [080103 12:28]:

> TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"

> Question is - how do I get what %%l represents into the email header?

If the sender was "HylaFAX", and had this TagLineFormat, then the "%l"
should equal the $SENDER (as long as they have a LocalIdentifier set).

But you need to realize that the "line" at the top of the fax you
receive is actually image data.  the only way to get information out of
it is to try and use some sort of OCR to pull information out of it, and
deal with all the problems that OCR currently involves.

Really, as the reciever, you have the "TSI", which is whatever the
sender has configured in their fax machine.  The TSI is defined as part
of the T.30 fax protocol, and transmitted to the receiver as a string of
characters.  In the case of a HylaFAX sender, that is the
"LocalIdentifier" configured for that device.

The "tagline" you see at the top of the page is actual image data the
page.  This "tagline" is usually rendered by the sender as the top few
lines of the fax image page it sends.  What it's configured to render is
(or is not) controlled by the fax device sending.  In the case of
HylaFAX, the "TagLineFormat" controls what is rendered, and the "%l" in
the "tagline" references the LocalIdentifier set for the device.

> $SENDER, like I said only has the number

The TSI is available in faxrcvd as the "$SENDER" variable.  If the
"$SENDER" you get does not match the top part of the image data, then
you know that the "sender" fax machine is not using the value it has set
for it's "T.30 TSI" when it images the tagline to the top of the fax
page.  And there isn't much you can do about that unless you're willing
to go the route of trying to OCR the top of the image to get that
tagline for parsing.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103