Re: [hylafax-users] List of all hylafax error codes

George H wrote:
Where can I find a resource where all the error codes are listed and explained ?
I can't seem to find anything on  "COMREC error in transmit Phase
B/got DCN {E124}"
There are also other ones I'd like to read up on.

They're all listed here:

http://hylafax.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/hylafax/hylafax/faxd/README.errorcodes

As for further explanation for each one... there really is none. There have been a couple of simplifications of these messages that have circulated on-list over the last several months, however.

The E124 error message you quote means that in Phase B (initial "handshaking" and fax parameter negotiation) the sender transmitted a disconnect (DCN) instead of a command (such as DCS). What it means from there depends upon the circumstances, and would probably require guessing. Did the sender not like the DIS signal that we sent? Did the sender need to reformat the image? Did the sender simply cancel the fax intentionally? These are all possibilities... hard to be for-sure without verbal communication with the sender.

Thanks,