Re: [hylafax-users] no carrier detected

Lee Howard wrote:
Giedrius Augys wrote:
I can't send fax from hylafax-5.1.11 (and iaxmodem-0.3.1) to one fax_machine1, but from fax machine to faxserver I can successfully send faxes. But if I connect another fax_machine2 (behind NAT) to asterisk , and I can send successfully send faxes to fax_machine1.
I have compared SIP traces sending faxes from faxserver and fax_machine2 and didn't see any differencies (whereis more rtp when sending from fax_machine2 and fax_machine1 wants to use T.38, but finally it uses in both way PCMA ).... This is my configs and logs, I hope this help you

Listening to the audio recordings that you sent... the incoming audio is very poor. I haven't yet passed that through a DSP test to see exactly how poor it is... if it's poor enough to not be able to decode at all... but it's very bad, and if the audio were to continue that way the fax won't come through.

What kind of setup is this? What kind of PSTN interface are you using?
If you visually inspect the waveform in 80001-iax.raw you can see gaps in the V.21 signal just after the start and just before the end of most of the modem bursts. In some cases the gaps are 20ms. In other cases they are shorter. It looks like screwy playout buffering, or other scrambling of the signal is at work here.

Steve