Re: [hylafax-users] "COMREC invalid response received to PPS" after sending

Walter Hop wrote:
Some outgoing faxes fail with a "COMREC invalid response received to
PPS" error. It seems that we receive a DCN instead of a MCF (in normal
logs), but I don't know why. This error seems to happen consistently
with some remote sets, but not all.

In each (or most) case is MMR being used?

Dec 06 09:41:06.06: [14356]: USE 2-D MMR

This is what you'll see in the log, versus "1-D MH" or "2-D MR".

My external modem is a Sitecom DC-014 which has a Conexant chip. I am
using the FreeBSD 'hylafax-4.3.4' port which is the latest available in
ports. Would compiling a new version give me any chances, or does this
likely point to a configuration error?

It's likely an image formatting bug, and is something that I'll probably need to resolve by deeper inspection... if it's still an issue in "modern" code.

Yes, I would suggest uninstalling the FreeBSD port, and then building and installing HylaFAX+ 5.2.0 from source code (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net). Then see how things go when sending to those troublesome destinations.

Thanks,