From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Giulio Orsero
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 12:15 PM
To: HylaFax Users
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] T38modem and Hylafax issues

On Nov 30, 2007 6:01 PM, Jennifer Eyrich <jce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> root@ralums:~# hfaxd
>
> After I run hfaxd, I get this in my syslog Nov 30 11:52:27 ralums
> HylaFAX[9671]: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket (incorrect
> hfaxd invocation?)

You cannot just start invoking random commands :)

hfaxd is started by the init script at boot, usually you don't run it, even because since faxstat gave you some output it means hfaxd was already running (faxstat asks hfaxd)

Did you install HylaFAX via an rpm or some other package?

> When I try to connect with a client app to get more info, I get the

What client app?
It's better you only use HylaFAX own client utils (sendfax/faxstat) until you have a basic setup working, otherwise you increase complexity by adding 3rd party apps issues to HylaFAX ones.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx