Re: [hylafax-users] Always use specific outbound line ?

On 11/21/07, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George H wrote:
>
> >Is there a facility I can use in HylaFAX+ where I can make it send a
> >fax always on a specific modem ?
> >For instance (using email-to-fax) I want user1's emails to be sent
> >using ttyS0,ttyS1,ttyS2  while user2's
> >emails will only use ttyS3 (say this is the line use for international calls).
> >

> Yes, you can do this with JobControl.  See:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/jobcontrol.php
>
> Something like:
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     . etc/setup.cache
>     . bin/common-functions
>     QFILE=sendq/q$1
>     parseQfile
>     case "$mailaddr" in
>         user1) echo "Modem: modemgroup1";;
>         user2) echo "Modem: modemgroup2";;
>         *) echo "Modem: defaultmodemgroup";;
>     esac
>     exit 0

I created a file "jobcontrol-intl.sh" and I put the above in it, chmod
755 the file and put inside the /var/spool/fax/bin  folder.

> You configure your modem groups with ModemGroup in the faxq config file
> (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config).  See:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php
>
> Something like:
>
>   ModemGroup: "modemgroup1:ttyS[012]"
>   ModemGroup: "modemgroup2:ttyS3"
>   ModemGroup: "defaultmodemgroup:any"

I edited my /var/spool/fax/etc/config  file and I added 3 modem groups.

ModemGroup: "modemgroup1:ttyS0"
ModemGroup: "modemgroup2:ttyS1"
ModemGroup: "defaultmodemgroup:any"
JobControlCmd: bin/jobcontrol-intl.sh

I restarted hylafax+ (v 1.5.11) and restarted faxgetty on both devices.

When I send an email with 1 user acount. it still alternates on both
ttyS0 and ttyS1 as if the modem groups never took into affect. When I
look at the logs it just looks the same for both sessions. One gets
sent on ttys0 the other on ttys1. Shouldn't both faxes wait and be
sent on ttys0 ? Are there more configuration options I am missing
perhaps?

Thanks

--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"