Re: [hylafax-users] faxing over sip

Hi Robert,

Interesting comments..... I would just like to add that T.38 is a long way
from supporting reliable V.34 fax and some of the enhanced features that are
available in the analog realm.

I also observe that the vast majority of our customers are looking for a
simple and reliable way of communicate with analog fax machines..... these
machines are being deployed more widely than ever in several key 'niche'
markets - hospitals for example have users who require a simple device for
sending hand written documents - staff simple do not have the knowledge or
equipment to send these documents by IP (aka email).

I suspect that analog fax will be here for a great many years.... the good
news is that using a good fax board and POTS provides a solution that is
more robust today than at any time in the past.

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com