Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with blocked faxes

* Justin Hendrickson <jhendric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [071113 16:17]:
> Here's all the relevant information from the syslog.
>
> As previously noted, there are a number of faxes in blocked state. Upon
> restarting the server, two faxes properly send out and the rest remain
> in the blocked state until the server is restarted again.

I'll strongly suggest you upgrade *again*.

You're using 4.3.0, with multiple jobs to the same destination...
Batching in has *lots* of issues, from jobs being lost (as you are
seeing), to faxq segfaults, etc.

The latest 4.3 releases have fixed the crashes, and lost jobs problems,
but is still have the fundamental batching and scheduling issues.

If you intend your actual usage to be sending many simultaneous jobs to
the same destination, then upgrading 4.4 is going to give you a big
benefit in terms of faxq's scheduling, in addition to the years worth or
so of fixes and improvements to the protocol and modem handling in
HylaFAX.

> PS. At this point, until someone proves otherwise, my assumption is I
> don't have the server setup right. If it turns out to be a bug in
> HylaFax, I'll have the necessary ammo to request an upgrade on the
> server (it's currently woefully out of date) from the system admin guys.

The lost jobs bug you are seeing are fixed.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103