Re: [hylafax-users] Proper ring setting for Hylafax with a phone switch?

Quoting John Hudak <john.j.hudak@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I now need to move from a dedicated phone line to a shared phone line
that has an answering machine.  I have a CS5500 switch, and have it
programmed to 'listen' to the incoming call when the answering machine
picks up (after three rings).  If the cs5500 detects the CNG tones, it
switches the connection to the FAX line (which runs directly into the
modem).  BTW, the modem is a USR Courier V Everything (yea, I know that
these modems have problems.  I'll address this later).
My question is: what settings should I change on the modem config file
to allow processing of the fax?   I am thinking that I should set
'number or rings' to 0, but not sure. Do I need to reconfigure anything
else?

I don't know that switch model, but the phone switchs I worked with all sent rings to the line where the call was to be transfered, so it is transparent to HylaFAX and you shouldn't have to change anything in your config files, nor in your answering machine configuration.

-- Patrice Fournier iFAX Solutions, Inc. www.ifax.com