Re: [hylafax-users] What am I missing

I used the following url
http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-install-hylafax-with-iaxmodem-on-a-running-centos-4-3-asterisk-1-
I know your not using freepbx but neither am I and it works fine. I read that you dont need to run faxaddmodem when you follow these directions because you are placing the config file in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/ for the iaxmodem manually.

Rick Thompson wrote:

Can someone please tell me what I am missing or point me in the right direction aka a URL to read. I’ve read every article I could find on this. I am trying to set up an asterisk server as an email to fax and fax to email server. I have fax to email working on a trixbox already but I don’t need all the functionality of freepbx. I can’t seem to get just asterisk to IAXmodem to Hylafax to email to work.

Asterisk is installed and running, IAXmodem is installed and running (starts with /etc/init.d/iaxmodem) with 7 modems configured ttyIAX0 thru ttyIAX6. I down loaded hylafax and installed it. It starts with /etc/init.d/hylafax but faxgetty is not running. I tried running faxaddmodem and get ttyIAX0 already in use by another program. I’m also running sendmail on the box and would like to configure it to do email to fax using Hylafax or email2fax. My pstn gateway is a Quintum Tenor.

Thanks for any help you can give me

RickT