[hylafax-users] hfaxd issue

A client is still running a version of hylafax which I installed for
them some years ago.  The site has been sending out hundreds of faxes
every day for years, but now my client reports:

  # /etc/init.d/hylafax start
  HylaFAX:dynamic linker: /usr/local/sbin/faxq: warning: copy relocation size
  mismatch for symbol TIFFFaxMainTable
  dynamic linker: /usr/local/sbin/faxq: warning: copy relocation size
  mismatch for symbol TIFFFaxBlackTable
  dynamic linker: /usr/local/sbin/faxq: warning: copy relocation size
  mismatch for symbol TIFFFaxWhiteTable
  faxq hfaxd (without old protocol & without SNPP support).

I see hfaxd and faxq both running; outgoing faxes are not moving; faxstat
shows "Initializing server" for all 14 modems.

ldd faxq shows:
/usr/local/sbin/faxq needs:
        libtiff.so => /usr/local/lib/libtiff.so
        libz.so => /usr/lib/libz.so
        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.2
        libnsl.so => /usr/lib/libnsl.so
        /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        /usr/lib/libc.so.1

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     sys       305860 Jan 11  2005 usr/local/sbin/faxq
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys       221372 Apr  3  2000 usr/local/lib/libtiff.so

I'm unaware of any -v or --version flag for any hylafax binary to
spit out its version number. Is there one?

Anyhow, running strings on faxq reveals 4.2.1, and strings on libtiff.so
reveals "libtiff.so.3.4b37".

After chugging along since 2005, what could have changed?

--
JP