Re: [hylafax-users] JobPermission and received faxes

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:00:57 -0700 Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
>
> >Is there any reason JobProtection wasn't extended to cover both (and
> >maybe renamed to QueueProtection with a JobProtection alias)?  I can't
> >see a situation where an administrator would be concerned that a user
> >can know jobs are in the queue, but not faxes, or vice versa?
>
> My level of confidence in second-guessing all administrators out there
> in this respect was not enough to make me want to combine the two
> features into one and lose independent queue control as you're suggesting.

I would keep the two parameters, and I would like to use the same name and semantics of hylafax+, so that users may learn how to use it only once.

Tomorrow, if everybody agree, I will create a patch for hylafax, using the code in hylafax+.

Bye,
Giuseppe