Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with textfmt execution

* David A Davidson <d_davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [071015 11:07]:

> I then tried to send a test fax over to a linux box that
> is actually running the faxserver. However I got the following error.
>
> # ./testfax.sh
> Assertion failed "Str::next: invalid index", file "Str.c++" line 557.
> Abort - core dumped
> Error converting data; command was "/usr/local/sbin/textfmt -B
>    -f Courier-Bold  -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s default >/tmp//sndfaxxxaWXC
> <hylafax-copy.txt"
>
> If I run just /usr/local/bin/textfmt it get the first portion of the
> above error.
> Assertion failed "Str::next: invalid index", file "Str.c++" line 557.
> Abort - core dumped
>
> Could someone tell me where I might look next to correct this problem.
> Thanks in advance.

If you have the core file, can you get a back trace out of it?  For GDB,
the command would be:
	gdb /usr/local/bin/textfmt /path/to/core

And when at the GDB prompt, enter:
	thread apply all bt

I'm not sure what the same commands with the Sun compiler suite would
be.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103