From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Tillman
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:28 PM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Lucent Agere Modem on FreeBSD

I just got a new screaming AMD64 machine but it came with a Lucent Agere
chip modem and I assume this is a Winmodem. I'm running FreeBSD and
found a port called ltmdm which is supposed to be the driver for Lucent
Winmodem and can get you working with FreeBSD.

I got the driver to kldload but now the only docs I find on it call it
/dev/cual0 which when I try gets me nowhere.

Does anyone have some advice on this with FreeBSD? I have used my
FreeBSD server with Hylafax for almost four years now and hate to hook
up an old external modem for this.