Re: [hylafax-users] Asterisk, quintum and hylafax

Rick Thompson wrote:

if someone dials the phone with a regular phone first then hits the fax button, I don’t get the called number.

Because your fax detection isn't made to detect that.

The second is outbound faxing. I’d like to have hylaFAX receive an email like john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and hylafax will process it and send it to my Quintum VoIP gateway. It supports T.38 and can do the actual faxing. Any ideas, hints, links to go to, research papers to read?

See : http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4