[hylafax-users] Long Distance Faxes Failing with Winprint Hylafax

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but google nor the man pages were very helpful.
 Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn't find a
mailing list for WinPrint hylafax

I've setup a simple hylafax server to handle outgoing faxes for my LAN.
 It does not at this time handle any incoming faxes.  My Windows clients
use WinPrint Hylafax to handle sending faxes from their desktops.

All goes according to plan until some one attempts to send a fax to a
long distance number.  The fax fails to reach its destination, and the
following "error" is logged.

  Oct 01 12:52:49.92: [ 9821]: SESSION BEGIN 000000045 14787707755394

The destination number was "7707755394" and my area code is "478".  For
some reason, "1478" gets prepended to the number instead of just "1".  I
have tested with sendfax on the server (sendfax -n -d $LONG_DISTANCE
foo) and everything worked properly.

At this point, I am unsure if the problem is with the client, or some
configuration mishap on the server that sendfax avoids by being on the
localhost.  Any pointers will be appreciated.

P.S.
This is a standard POTS line without any additional parameters required
to dial long distance numbers.

Ecclesiastes 7:5