Re: [hylafax-users] attachments are zero bytes - problem with ubuntu / debian packages?

"marthter" <marthter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everybody,

Having followed the list for several years, I've seen this question come up dozens of times, and I'm pretty sure the usual remedy is make sure metamail is installed and re-run faxsetup (so that the various mime-encoding variables in setup.cache get set properly - right?).

However doing that has not helped on this newly installed machine that I'm trying to set up. Here's what I've done (and re-done to make sure I didn't manually change some config file in a dumb way).

The 4.3.1 packages for Debian did contain a few known issues with emails. I recommend you get the .debs for 4.4.x instead. See the bottom of the page at the following URL:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Debian_Packages

Let us know how you make out!

-Darren