Re: [hylafax-users] Jobcontrol parameters ignored

* Vjekoslav Nesek <vnesek@xxxxxxxxx> [070920 09:44]:

> Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> >JobControl isn't intended to "modify" a job.  From the documentation:

> Please bear with me for a moment. If I grok this right, jobcontrol is
> run by faxq and parameters are
> passed on to faxsend. Docs state that parameters such as Tag, MaxTries,
> TimeOfDay...
> may be specified on a per-job basis. However, bellow you state that
> MaxTries isn't valid
> jobcontrol parameter. I'm a bit confused with this description, probably
> my english reading skills.
>
> Is it possible to set MaxTries, ToD etc, using jobcontrol or do I have
> to specify it during a faxsend
> invocation?

Sorry - yes - you caught me reading too quickly.

MaxTries *should* work, but, the JobRetry* ones shouldn't.  Note that
you *won't* see "maxtries" in the qfile change, as faxq operates on the
jobcontrol parameters directly.  The jobcontrol parameters listed in the
man page do not change the actual job parameters that are stored on
disk, but change how faxq controls the job.  Any parameters not on that
list and passed "blindly" to the faxsend/pagesend programs.

So you are saying that MaxTries does *not* work for you, or that you
don't see the value in the qfile change?

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103