Re: [hylafax-users] Jobcontrol parameters ignored

* Vjekoslav Nesek <vnesek@xxxxxxxxx> [070920 08:54]:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with jobcontrol running Hylafax 4.3.0. For our
> fax server I've implemented a custom jobcontrol script. It is executed
> by hylafax as I'm logging invocations to syslog, however parameters
> customized by jobcontrol are ignored and not reflected in 'q' files.
> System defaults are used instead.

JobControl isn't intended to "modify" a job.  From the documentation:

    The HylaFAX configuration  parameter JobControlCmd specifies the
    script that is used to apply per-job controls on job characteristics
    such as the time-of-day to place a call.

And it lists the parameters that may be specified on a per-job basis:
       Tag                   Type       Default      Description
       MaxConcurrentCalls    integer    1            max concurrent jobs to process for a destination
       MaxDials              integer    unlimited    max phone calls to make to transmit a job
       MaxSendPages          integer    unlimited    max pages to permit in a send
       MaxTries              integer    3            max attempts to transmit a job
       Modem                 string     Any          ModemGroup to use for destination
       RejectNotice          string     -            rejection notice for transmit job
       TimeOfDay             string     Any          default time-of-day restrictions
       VRes                  integer    -            Vertical resolution
       UseXVRes              integer    -            Usage of extended resolutions

And states:
    In addition to the above parameters, any other parameters that are
    specified are automatically  accumulated and passed to programs
    invoked by faxq, such as faxsend and pagesend.  This is a convenient
    mechanism for defining configuration parameters for all modems
    without having to modify each modem-specific configuration file.
    For example, SessionTracing: 0x4f

> Only parameter that seams to work, is RejectNotice which correctly
> rejects fax.
>
> For example, jobcontrol outputt:
>
> MaxTries: 20

Not a valid JobControl parameter, nor a valid config option for
faxsend/pagesend

> JobRetryNoAnswer: 5

Not a valid JobControl parameter, nor a valid config option for
faxsend/pagesend

> JobRetryBusy: 80

Not a valid JobControl parameter, nor a valid config option for
faxsend/pagesend

> JobRetryOther: 13

Not a valid JobControl parameter, not a valid config option for
faxsend/pagesend

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103